Wednesday 28 January 2009

Tracie's story Page Two

The Mod handshake


"Hi babe, how did it go with the old woman?"

"Better than expected, she's still bitter and twisted but she seems to want to put things to rest."

Sensing my mood Alfie put his hand on my knee .

"There is an advantage to driving an automatic he joked."

My mood lifted as I continued to talk with my best friend.

"Ask Alfie if he's heard of a bloke called George Dyer? he was in the shop earlier with Sid Walton; reckons he's a Mod tailor."

"Mods!! I thought Alfie and Marco were the only two left."

Alfie gave me a knowing grin and a nod, it was a mannerism he shared with Heather's husband, an in joke. Marco gave Heather the same nod and we all laughed, we're that close that we have a telepathy between us. Me and Heath, knew Marco and Alfie were giving each other the Mod handshake.
When we arrived at Darren's the two fellas went out and left me, Kitty and Emma at the house. Later that night I noticed Alfie and Darren giving each other the Mod handshake as the name of George Dyer was mentioned again. That's when I realised Mod wasn't a brief lifestyle for these guys. It was a way of life, I also realised me and Heath were still Mods too. So the joke was on us, we all laughed and I bet Heather and Marco laughed too.


No comments:

Post a Comment